- Why are you starting this challenge?
- List 5 things you like about yourself?
- What are you going to start, stop, and/or continue to do for your mind?
- What are you going to start, stop, and/or continue to do for your body?
- What are you going to start, stop, and/or continue to do for your spirit?
- What are you going to start, stop, and/or continue to do for your emotions?
- What is your favorite feature on your body?
- What is something you do that you don’t like? What will you do to change it?
- What is something you’re going to do for yourself today?
- What is something about your personality that you like?
- What is a facial feature you like on yourself?
- What is something about the way you think that you like?
- When do you feel at your best and why?
- What are some compliments you heard recently about yourself that you like?
- What do you think people are attracted to you?
- What is a habit you have that you like?
- What is the last thing that made you smile?
- What is another thing you like about yourself?
- What do you think others like about your personality?
- What can you do to keep your peace of mind today?
- Do you like the way you are? Why or why not?
- What is your favorite compliment to give and receive? why?
- Do you feel good about yourself today? Why or why not?
- What is something you do to make you feel good about yourself?
- What is something you do yourself that makes you smile? Why?
- When do you feel most attractive? Why?
- Do you often accept compliments? If not, why not?
- If you don’t feel good about yourself, what do you do to change that, if anything?
- What’s another thing you like about yourself?
- Are you happy with yourself?
Self-Care is not enough to create a happy life. You cannot convince me that my life is going to be happier simply because I decided to bathe for an hour with a glass of wine. To get to the deeper issues is actually uncomfortable. I think there is a place for the self-care activities that are encouraged, such as going for a mindful walk or getting a body massage, but the missing piece is self-love. You can do a self- care activity and still face the same unresolved, untouched conflicts within yourself.
Self-love is an inward journey that we must all explore. Learning to love yourself correctly and unlearning the things that are not from a place of love. Also, there is a spiritual piece here. It is difficult to learn to love yourself without first accepting and recognizing your spiritual self.
Why are we not enjoying our lives?
We don’t love ourselves.
I believe the first step to a happier life is learning to love yourself correctly. If someone ask if you love yourself, you might say yes. But, I believe the way you treat people and how you interpret things stems from a reflection of how you feel about yourself and your life. Take a moment to reflect on this.
We have not addressed things from our past.
You have to keep asking yourself, “Why?” Question everything you do and figure out why you do it. Every belief, value, attitude, or opinion you have needs to be properly dissected and evaluated to see if it truly aligns with your core values. Many things we learned from the past we simply accept and never question it. You believe this because you were told to believe it, or you do that because somebody told you to do it. You never asked why.
We don’t have time for ourselves.
I agree that self-care is great for encouraging people to take time for themselves and restore some balance in their overwhelming lives. Many of us ever spend a second alone. Maybe you don’t like being alone? You ever asked yourself why you don’t like this? How will you get to know yourself and heal if you never spend time alone. Try to set aside 10-15 minutes a day to self-reflect.
I hope this helps you take the first few steps towards living a happy life. Also, check out my new YouTube channel. We discuss this topic in more detail https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5u55nfMVgVM&feature=youtu.be